Friday, March 2, 2012

The Right Music...

As an author, I find that the right music is the perfect inspiration.  I know I can't work without the right music.  I don't know if others feel this way but I have a song for each character.  If I know I'm going to be writing about a certain character or need to write in that character's voice, I have to put on "their" song.  As one of my characters is in their mid-fifties and I'm in my early 20s it's sometimes difficult to know what song would work for him.  My other characters are around my age so it is much easier to listen to music and relate it to those characters. 

It's easier to get into the head of those characters when I'm listening to a song that I can honestly say, "Ooh, I can hear him/her listening to this..." It's actually really fun.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment